Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Recovery

Day 1- Mentally I think I was still in my drive to keep moving forward and get the job done. Despite having the opportunity to sleep in a bit, I found myself waking up at 6am and at my desk at work before 9-- working away at one of my more urgent deadlines coming up. I had class all afternoon, and aside from some obviously sore muscles was actually feeling pretty good. Then suddenly in the middle of one of my afternoon classes it hit me--- I was EXHAUSTED!!!!



Day 2- Pure exhaustion continues. Although my muscles really aren't all that sore-- this type of tired is really difficult to describe and I'm pretty sure is only experienced after trying to run 26.2 miles in a wind tunnel. I don't really feel sick, I don't feel like I need to sleep all that much more, it's just this deep, deep down feeling like I was repeatedly hit by a truck recently and I'm confused why I seem to have no external injuries. Like I said....impossible to describe! :) But I'm finally getting some perspective on the race. I am proud I finished-- and I immediately cry anytime I watch the Mile 23 video of Becky, Danielle and I. That pain is still very memorable so far-- I wonder how long it will take me to forget what that felt like. I have a feeling it's a memory that's going to last a little longer than it did from Arizona.

No comments: