Day 1- Mentally I think I was still in my drive to keep moving forward and get the job done. Despite having the opportunity to sleep in a bit, I found myself waking up at 6am and at my desk at work before 9-- working away at one of my more urgent deadlines coming up. I had class all afternoon, and aside from some obviously sore muscles was actually feeling pretty good. Then suddenly in the middle of one of my afternoon classes it hit me--- I was EXHAUSTED!!!!
Day 2- Pure exhaustion continues. Although my muscles really aren't all that sore-- this type of tired is really difficult to describe and I'm pretty sure is only experienced after trying to run 26.2 miles in a wind tunnel. I don't really feel sick, I don't feel like I need to sleep all that much more, it's just this deep, deep down feeling like I was repeatedly hit by a truck recently and I'm confused why I seem to have no external injuries. Like I said....impossible to describe! :) But I'm finally getting some perspective on the race. I am proud I finished-- and I immediately cry anytime I watch the Mile 23 video of Becky, Danielle and I. That pain is still very memorable so far-- I wonder how long it will take me to forget what that felt like. I have a feeling it's a memory that's going to last a little longer than it did from Arizona.
- From the finish line to home
- 26.2 in Oklahoma
- Pre-race Jitters
- Pasta Dinner
- Oklahoma City National Memorial
- OKC or Bust
- Oklahoma Marathon Countdown- 1 day
- 26.2 Oklahoma Miles
- Oklahoma Marathon Countdown- 2 days
- Oklahoma Marathon Countdown- 3 days
- Race Day Weather Update
- Oklahoma Marathon Countdown- 4 days
- Oklahoma Marathon Countdown- 5 days
- Oklahoma Mile 3 Sponsors
- Oklahoma Marathon Countdown- 6 Days
- Calling all sponsors... get moving! :)
- Oklahoma Marathon Countdown - 7 days
- Oklahoma Marathon Countdown- 8 Days
- Oklahoma Mile 25 Sponsor
- Oklahoma Marathon Countdown - 12 days
- Oklahoma Marathon Countdown- 13 days
- Oklahoma Marathon Countdown- 14 days
- Oklahoma Mile 5 Sponsors
- Oklahoma Marathon Countdown- 15 days
- Training Update
- Oklahoma Mile 24 Sponsors
- 20 Miles
- Training Update
- Business cards have arrived! If you would like so...
- Votes are in....
- ▼ April (32)