Sunday, April 26, 2009

OKC or Bust

I won't keep all of you in suspense for long. I made it back from Oklahoma and have officially completed marathon #2. Although there is quite a story that goes along with that....it wasn't nearly as straight forward of a race as I thought it might be.

It will take me a little while to post all the pictures and updates...so I'll just do a little bit at a time. First things first....
Saturday morning I woke up to meet the DRC club bus to Oklahoma. First stop was to drop off my dog, Lilo at boarding for the weekend. I had to give a shout out to her because of all she puts up with to accomodate my crazy school and running schedule.

Next stop to my friends' Jen and Andy's house where they kindly agreed to have me keep my car for the weekend so as not to leave it in an empty parking lot. Thanks guys! Jen gave me a ride to the DRC clubhouse from there. I was a little early-- but Pat was already there and oozing with DRC enthusiasm to get everyone off on the right foot. Pat gave leis to everyone and had the bus decorated in a Hawaiian luau theme. :)

For the next little while it was just some chatting and waiting around for the bus's arrival.


A little after 10am we were finally on the bus and ready for the 3 1/2 hour drive to Oklahoma City. The bus ride was pretty mellow. I got the chance to meet a few new people and play a few quiz games to help pass the time. I also got in a few naps I didn't realize I needed.


















No comments: