Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Oklahoma Mile 25 Sponsor

Danielle Gable

What is your hometown?
Harrold, Tx. don't try to find it on a map. you won't. population: 107 people, 35 dogs & cats, 345 other various rodents, coyotes, and snakes.
Are you a runner? YES!
What is your favorite race distance?
Even though I have 2 weeks left til my first race, I would have to say a full marathon. It's something I never in a million years would have thought I would do but I'm loving every second of it!
What is your profession?
Video producer/digital marketing
What are your hobbies?
running, of course! also painting, photography, and entertaining my 4 dogs
What size shoe do you wear?
7
What is your favorite food?
spaghetti!! and cupcakes with a big glass of milk. Not together, but separately they are delicious.
What is your favorite vacation destination?
St. John, Virgin Islands-it's where my husband and I were married recently.
What is your favorite inspirational quote?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney. also: "Dream big or go home" -as interpreted by me
Why did you choose to support the Susan Mortensen Turley foundation by being a race sponsor?
Susan's story is a very compelling one that touches anyone whether or not they've known someone with cancer. Every little donation helps a greater cause that's bigger than us and those that can help-should.
Any particular reason you chose to sponsor this mile number?
Anna made me. jk. She cleverly came up with it since this mile will be my distance PR! until i finish the race of course, then that's out the door.
Who would you like to challenge to become a race sponsor for the Oklahoma Marathon?
I challenge all my lazy friends that think running is stupid!!! If I can train for and run a marathon, at least they can reach into their pockets and donate to a fantastic organization.
Anything else you'd like to add?
um, i'm scared!! 11 more days til OKC!
Note from Anna:
Danielle (aka- "Hypothermia Girl" from past videos) is one of the runners in my small pace group. She has been great to run with the past few weeks! She has never ending determination and enthusiasm and is an extremely supportive friend. I'm very excited to be a part of Danielle's first marathon experience. As excited as I am for Oklahoma as Marathon #2 for me-- I have a feeling that nothing will ever quite compare to the magic of your first marathon. Danielle has worked so hard for this and I know that if she can survive these last few days of nerve wracking anticipation/excitement (which she will)-- she will have many more successful marathon finishes in her future!

No comments: