Monday, April 20, 2009

Oklahoma Mile 3 Sponsors

Max Davis & Denise Tyler


Are you runners?
Yes, we are runners (16 and 13 marathons respectively)
What is your favorite race distance?
The Marathon is our race of choice.
What are your hobbies?
Our hobbies are running, kayaking, juggling and attending estate sales (hunting
for treasures)
What is your favorite food?
Pizza (every Friday night)
What is your favorite vacation spot?
Paris, France
What is your favorite quote?
"You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit" (from one of the
grand-daughters)
Why did you sponsor a mile to support the Susan Mortensen Turley Foundation?
It is a Great cause.
Any particular reason you chose mile 3?
We selected an early mile, so Anna would still be fresh.
Note from Anna:
Max and Denise have been my pace group leaders for almost all of my long runs with DRC this spring. I don't know what I would have done without them! Every run they keep themselves entertained by counting the number of squirrels they can spot. I've tried this myself and it's actually much more difficult than you'd think-- particularly in later miles I get too tired to be that observant. :) But as seasoned marathoners Max and Denise make almost every run look easy. Just recently they both completed the Walt Disney World Goofy Challenge (a race which I aspire to complete someday).
This Sunday while many DRC members are marathoning in Oklahoma, Max and Denise will be running the Big Sur marathon in California-- which I've heard is a much tougher course!
Good luck Max and Denise!! Thanks for all of your support this season!

No comments: