Sunday, January 11, 2009

7 days...Playing the waiting game

Marathoning for Mortals by John Bingham, Chapter 13...


"It's a well documented scientific fact that long-distance athletes suffer from Taper Madness in the last few days before the goal race. The symptoms of taper madness are also well-documented. They include but are not limited to:
1. An unnatural need to spend money
2. An attraction to buying hideous running apparel
3. A "must-have" mentality toward running toys
4. A complete aversion to running


The last weeks before a goal race marks an extremely dangerous time. If I'm not careful...I'll buy a new car, a piece of retirement property, and a gravesite during the last few weeks. Even though I've been through it before, it still catches me by surprise. How else do I explain the pair of leopard-skin tights that are in the bottom of my drawer of running clothes?"

That probably provides a fairly accurate description of what this last week has
been like...lol


Only 3 runs left- a 40 minute, 30 minute, and a 20 minute. The thought of them
is just a little frustrating because I just want next Sunday to get here
already... I don't want to run for 20 minutes, I want to run 26.2 miles! Someone
please remind me I said that anytime past mile 16 next Sunday.

Classes start back up again tomarrow, which is good but gets me back to the
difficult running schedule again. With winter sunrise and sunset times it gets
really hard to fit in weekday runs during daylight hours. But, as with
everything, where there's a will there's a way!

No comments: