Monday, January 12, 2009

6 days... Marathon weekend event schedule

For anyone interested in some of the events going on this weekend-- here's a brief run down of what's going on...

Friday and Saturday- Health and Fitness Expo at Phoenix
Convention Center. FREE and open to the public. Attend free clinics, visit a TON
of vendor booths, shop for marathon souvenirs, etc.


Saturday evening- I'm hosting a little get
together at my parent's house for anyone who'd like to come. Since I'll only be in town for a short time this weekend, this is my attempt to get to see everyone I can. We'll be having food and watching "
Spirit of a Marathon", which if you've never seen it is a very cool movie. We'll probably start around 6pm or so.... email me if you're interested in coming and I'll send you the details.

Sunday- RACE DAY! Marathon starts 7:40am (downtown Phoenix), and ends....eventually, near ASU. Plan on the winners finishing about 2 hours after race start, plan on me finishing MUCH later than that. Seriously, something like 4-5 hours plus! I think there will be a way to track your runner's progress online through the race website on Sunday.
If you're planning on being at the race, please let me know. It will be fun (and a good distraction) for me to know who to look for. I'll also be running with a camera and don't want to miss photo ops with any of you. :)
Here are links to the course map and good spectator locations and information. If you've never been to a Rock n Roll Racing event, it's a big celebration --- a band performing at every mile of the race. So even if you just want to hang out along the course that day-- you'll have a blast! And please cheer for some random unknown-to-you runners while you're out there hoping I come along, it will mean the WORLD to them!


Sunday evening- Post-race concert (Smashmouth), at Tempe Town Lake Park. More info here.

No comments: