Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last Run of 2009

New Year's Eve 2009 started with a 5:15 am wake up call. Why crawl out of my warm bed so early to brave the sub-40 temperatures- on my vacation none the less? You guessed it-- had to take advantage of my last 2009 opportunity to loop White Rock Lake with some of my favorite running friends. :-)



This was a great event attended by well over 100 runners to celebrate 2009's end and to benefit the charity Marathon Kids.



A few pics of us making all efforts to stay warm pre-run. Still on my to-do list....buy warm running clothes!! I've already decided I don't want to tolerate winter running season freezing to death.

The loop run was cold, and tougher for me than expected. This was the furthest distance I'd run since the White Rock Marathon 2 weeks ago, and I was still feeling the fatigue. My usual energy kick at mile 7 never came this run.
But not every one will be your best. In spite of that, this was a great chance to celebrate with many of the friends I made in 2009, and to meet some new friends as well I'm looking forward to running with in 2010.



All total, I ran 1,014 miles in 2009, and created many, many more great memories than that along the way.



HAPPY NEW YEAR!!














No comments: