Thursday, December 3, 2009

Texas Marathon Countdown - 10 days

If it's possible for a marathon to sneak up on you, this one certainly has. In the future I'm going to make a specific effort to no longer schedule marathons so closely to final exam week! Well, ready or not- here it comes! From a running standpoint, I'm pretty happy with the recovery I've managed to make post H1N1. It wasn't an easy process, but I did manage to do several long runs while I was visiting Arizona and they actually felt pretty good. One of my runs was around the IronMan Arizona Course so I could spectate the race that day. WOW!! I'll admit that the idea of competing in a triathalon has never appealed to me. (Biking and swimming are not my favorite activities). But seeing those athletes complete such an event was incredible!! It makes completing a marathon look like a warm up jog.

For the past few days I've been back in Dallas and enjoying the cool weather (it even snowed yesterday) to run in again. Last night I entertained myself by running through Dallas' upscale neighborhoods ooohing and aaaahing at the Christmas light displays.

It's a little too early to start obsessing about potential race day weather forecasts-- but if the forecast stays similar to what it has been this week... race day is going to ROCK!!!!

No comments: