Sunday, December 6, 2009

7 days

Today I did 3 easy treadmill miles with a good friend visiting town. Initially I was excited to show her Katy Trail, however the 30 degree temps this morning prompted a change of plans. As the chances for precipitation next Sunday keeps going up I'm starting to regret not having running tights ready to go. I may end up on a last minute shopping trip to find some this week. As of early this morning I think that the pre-race jitters are starting to set in just a little. This is where the fun starts. :-)

It's also that time to start collecting mile inspiration messages from each of my Texas sponsors. If you've been a sponsor for past marathons, you know what this is about. But for those newbies out there-- each sponsor sends a short message I will read as I begin to run their mile number on race day. It can be inspirational, funny, encouraging.... whatever you want your mile to represent. These messages have been a huge part of personalizing past marathon experiences for me, reminding me of the importance of the cause I'm running for and encouraging me to keep going as things get hard. I'll also post each of your messages to the blog in the post-race report.

For the rest of today I'm focusing on RESTING!! The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of work, school, travel, socializing and FUN-- but the lack of sleep and rest time is starting to catch up with me. I'm going to try and lay pretty low this week to be at my best on race day.

No comments: