Saturday, January 9, 2010

Building The Team

With the Texas Marathon being about 3 weeks ago now, this week I realized it's been more than a month since Texas Marathon miles filled up. Why is this significant? I realized how much I miss getting that burst of gratitude and motivation that comes everytime I get an email from someone saying they'd like to sponsor a mile for Susan's Foundation. Yes, helping cancer patients is a fantastic cause and one I truely believe in. Although I admit that my motivation to continue this fundraiser is not completely altruistic. I love how much fun this is and the great feelings I get being a part of helping Susan's Foundation. It's so easy to get caught up in the ups and downs of day to day life. Getting those notices of interest from new marathon mile sponsors always gives me such a boost- and this week I really started to miss it. I can't wait for Febuary 1st to open to open those Washington marathon miles.

But it turns out I didn't have to wait until February for that excitement again after all. This week I got a message that we have two new members joining The Team to run the half-marathon in Seattle and raise funds for Susan's Foundation!! Randy and Sarah Swann live in Arizona and are both new runners looking foward to training for their very first half-marathon. I am so excited to have them as part of The Team! Check back to the blog this week to read more about Randy and Sarah!

I'm still looking for at least 2 more Team Members to run the full or half marathon in Seattle in June, as well as fan club members, and mile sponsors come February 1st. Please do what you can to help spread the word.

Thanks!

No comments: