Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Training update- 18 mile help!

It's been a bit of a slow training week lately. I backed off a few runs last week to rest a recurring back injury that can cause problems sometimes. I was hoping to have recovered from that in time to run the Rock to Victory half marathon last Sunday. My back would have been ready I think, however I ended up feeling sick on Friday and Saturday, and made the smart but difficult decision not to race on Sunday. I was very disappointed to miss the race as part of it ran right through my neighborhood and down Katy Trail, and my parents were visiting from Arizona and it would have been fun for them to see.
However my real goal is being ready for Oklahoma next month, so I decided to take it easy last week.

The good news is that I think I'm back in running action again and am planning on sticking to my intended short run schedule this week (4 miles/6 miles/5 miles), and then get geared up for the big 18 mile group run on Saturday.

I'm really looking forward to my 18 mile run because I need some revenge for myself. Of all of my long training runs in preparation for Arizona, my 18 mile run was by far the most difficult for me. I think I may have cried at more than one point toward the end. So I am very determined for this 18 mile run to be better!

There has been some fastastic progress recently on mile adoption for OKC, but I noticed that lonely mile 18 is still looking for a sponsor. So I'm going to focus my efforts this week not only on getting ready for my 18 miler this weekend, but on getting that mile 18 adopted out hopefully before Saturday! If you've been considering adopting a mile-- please consider the very lonely and needy mile 18 this week that could really use a good home. I know I will be that much stronger mentally on Saturday if I know that mile 18 has found a home! :)

Thanks for your support everyone! Please keep checking back to read spotlights on even more OKC marathon mile sponsors!!

UPDATE (3/18/09): Mile 18 has found a sponsor of its very own thanks to James Alfred! Check back soon to read more about James and how he's supporting mile 18 in more ways than one.

No comments: