Monday, March 23, 2009

Oklahoma Mile 20 Sponsor

Travis Gillies



What is your hometown?
Beaver, UT

Are you a runner?
Yes


What is your favorite race distance?
I just started running with the start of this year's DRC spring training
program. So far my favorite distance is 21 miles, because that's the farthest
I've ever run. We're training for the OKC Marathon right now and I'm sure once I
complete that one then 26.2 miles will be my new favorite distance.


What is your profession?
Biomedical Imaging Engineer - Baylor Health System


What are your hobbies?
Running, Avid outdoorsman hunter/fisher


What size shoe do you wear?
14


What is your favorite food?
Mexican


What is your favorite vacation destination?
Home - Utah


What is your favorite inspirational quote?

Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." - John Wayne
"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will fall frozen dead
from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." - D.H. Lawrence
Why did you choose to support the Susan Mortensen Turley foundation by being a
race sponsor?

This story about Susan hit close to home for me. I grew up in Utah, I'm Mormon,
I went to college in Arizona, and I too have edured a battle with cancer. I also
chose to support the foundation in part because I consider Anna a friend and
have a ton of respect for what she is doing.


Any particular reason you chose to sponsor this mile number?
I actually just ran a little over 20 miles on a training run that same day that
I donated so I choose mile 20 because it's the furthest I have run to date.


Who would you like to challenge to become a race sponsor for the Oklahoma Marathon?
I actually can't single out anyone in our group. We're all good solid
runners and great people. Having said that I challenge anyone in our group who
will run the OKC to donate to this cause if possible.

Anything else you'd like to add?
Proud member of DRC and Team Goatman!

No comments: