Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Texas Marathon Mile 4 Sponsors

Nelson and Kelly Prater

What is your hometown? Kelly- Denver, CO Nelson- Shreveport, LA (though I spent only a few months there. Most of my childhood was in Corpus Christi, TX)

Where do you now live? Garland, TX


What is the farthest distance you've ever run or walked? Kelly- 9 miles (March of Dimes Walk several years ago) Nelson- 26.2 miles (White Rock Marathon- 1997)


What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday morning? Kelly- lounging in the pool at Emma's. Nelson- early morning DRC group run and then some baking.


What is your favorite workout song, or song that gets you up and moving? Kelly- something by Lady Antebellum. Nelson- something by the Gipsy Kings.


What is the first thing you think of when you think of Texas? Kelly- summer sun. Nelson- BBQ


What is the bravest thing you've ever done? Kelly- decide to stay home with the kids. Nelson- "I'm not brave".


What is your favorite candy? Kelly- Hershey's chocolate. Nelson- Haribo Gummy Bears


What is the biggest goal you're currently working toward? Kelly- going back to work. Nelson- 2009 Dallas White Rock Marathon


Where is your next vacation destination? Santa Fe, NM


What movie inspires you the most? Kelly- likes old movies. Nelson- Love Comes Softly, "I know it's corny, but I see Clark Davis as a role model."


In which state would you like to see Anna run her next marathon (after Texas)? "Gotta do the New York marathon sometime. I'd like to do that one myself."


Why did you choose to sponsor Mile 4? "I think that may be my last chance to run with Anna during the race before she leaves me in her dust". (Note from Anna: "I doubt that".)


Why did you want to become a Texas Marathon Mile sponsor to benefit the Susan Mortensen Turley Foundation? "Because I think Anna is a hero, and I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to be a part."


Note from Anna: I have the pleasure of running with Nelson in my training pace group this season. He always has such a positive attitude and is a friendly face to see, even rediculously early on a Saturday morning. Another big benefit of being in a pace group with Nelson is he bakes WONDERFUL food he frequently shares with the runners each week....granola, cookies, cake....Nelson keeps us all happy and well fed! I'm honored to run Mile 4 for Nelson and Kelly's sponsorship! Thank you!

No comments: