Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bad Night

You know that feeling when you go somewhere, and within minutes know that every single person resents the fact you even showed up? I'd forgotten, until tonight. But that pretty much describes how I spent my evening. I'm tired. I'm discouraged. I feel like giving up.
Trying to see a positive in this, I guess it gave me a renewed appreciation for all the supportive people in my life. From the closest of friends, to the casual bystander who just has an encouraging word to say. It seems artificial to intentionally surround yourself with those people-- or maybe it's not. Maybe this is why we have the friends we do and choose to spend time in the places we do. I don't know. But I do know I wish today would have ended better.

1 comment:

Randy and Sarah said...

We all have days like those. I think it makes me appreciate the okay and the good and the GREAT days so much more. Through running I learned that running really is just fast paced life, you see more ups and more downs so much quicker than normal, but it is so worth it. We are so proud of what you are doing to raise funding and awareness for the Susan Mortensen Turley Foundation. We support you 100% and can't wait to start running again and hopefully we can be on a future team with you! Keep it up. Remember, if you chance to meet a frown, do not let it stay, quickly turn it upside down and smile that frown away! We love you!

-Sarah