Thursday, January 27, 2011

So much for organic....

I knew there was something I forgot... (no, this is not the big announcement I referred to)...

A few weeks ago I decided to join in the organic food movement (can you call it a movement?). I have to say that for those few weeks I LOVED it!! I really did feel great. And while I'll continue to stalk my new favorite organic food shops whenever I can-- I unfortunately had to abandon my 100% organic dream this week. It came down to budget. I could either keep my organic food fix, or I could keep playing tennis- both weren't in the budget. That- and I realized that in order to maintain this diet within my budget, I was having to buy less food. I forgot how much I need to eat to maintain being this active-- and by the end of the week I'd run out of food and then be starving for a few days. That strategy wasn't going to last long-- so I'm back to buying pesticide filled products again-- lol. I suppose they got me through the first 3 marathons, so it's not all bad.

But just as soon as I'm rich and famous (aka- I have a regular 'above poverty level' paycheck), I'm back to organic eating...AND tennis!

No comments: