Thursday, February 4, 2010

Meet the newest Team Member: Rachel Harris


Rachel Harris

On June 26, Rachel will be running her very first half-marathon in Seattle, WA with the Team supporting the Susan Mortensen Turley Foundation. Here's more on Rachel....

Where do you live?
Aspen, Colorado

Where is your hometown?
Tempe, Arizona

Tell us about your previous running and athletic experience.
I was a complete jock in high school and college. Spandex and t-shirts were my typical classroom garb and days full of sand volleyball, my ultimate weekend plan. Running didn't come into play until after college, mostly because it was pretty much the cheapest sport around....have shoes, will run!

What are the biggest challenges you anticipate coming across during half-marathon training?
I live at an elevation of 8,239 feet. It's the middle of the Winter...in the mountains. 'Nuff said!
:-)

What are you most looking forward to about race day?
Getting to run my very first long-distance race with a great friend. It's been well over a decade since hangin' with my die-hard workout buddy, Anna. I'm so honored to be part of such an awesome team and to benefiting an amazing cause.

What are your biggest fears/concerns about race day?
I plan on having a pocketful of red and clear gummy bears....the ultimate in nullifying fear! :)

Why did you decide to join the Team and run for Susan's Foundation?
Anna is the most die-hard, team playin', family lovin', hope rallyin' cheerleader I know...I am excited to support that in any way possible.

Is there anyone else you like to challenge to join the Team and run in Seattle?
hmm... Tonia, perhaps... Yes, Tonia!!!
(Note from Anna: Yes, Tonia!!!!) :)
SO EXCITED to have you on the team Rachel!! Those Colorado mountains will make those Seattle hills look laughable on race day! I can't wait to see you rock your first half!

No comments: