Saturday, June 20, 2009

My reunion with Katy

The air-conditioning in my complex gym went out this week and won't be fixed until Monday. Since the whole point of me running indoors was to run in a temperature my body could tolerate, I thought this might mean I'd have to take the weekend off running. But this morning I found myself awake at 5am and thought I'd try for an outdoor run and see how far I got. For Dallas summers, most of the time temps before sunrise are actually fairly okay, so today's run was great, although still at a much slower pace than I run in winter/fall temps.

I felt great running for almost 3 miles. I had to really slow down the last 2 only because I've been putting off getting into PT or the chiropractor to get my back lined up again and it's caught up with me this week. But I should be able to get that resolved soon. It felt so great to be back on my Katy Trail this morning-- esp. for a morning run!

Thanks again to my summer sponsors for your support and keeping up my motivation! Not sure if I would have made the 5am wake up call if it wasn't for you. :)

No comments: