Friday, June 12, 2009

First Sponsored Summer Training Run

Thank you to Nancy Smith Mitchell for sponsoring 50 summer training miles! I earned $2 of Nancy's donation so far with a short treadmill run tonight. Dallas is hot, hot, hot right now--- and I admit I've been a little disappointed having to cut outdoor runs and cut back on miles so much. I'm working on ways to help make my treadmill runs a little more fun this summer. Short ones of just a few miles are just fine, but I'm hoping to get in a few mid-distance (8-12 miles) runs this summer- and that can be a REALLY tough run all on a treadmill by yourself. Knowing I have some miles sponsored to run for this summer is really going to help keep up my motivation to continue with training until the weather cools off and I can join DRC runs again. Thank you again Nancy! Hopefully all of you will get to read more about her soon.

The Couch to 5k group is still doing great with their training, and looking forward to their July 4th goal race. Wednesday's workout was cancelled by the sound of tornado sirens just as we were about to start. That was one ugly storm that came on VERY quickly so we were very fortunate not to get caught in it somewhere around the lake.

No comments: