Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Texas Mile 25 Sponsor

Pat Metcalf


What is your hometown? Don't really have one, grew up an Army brat, born in France.

Where do you live now? Dallas in beautiful Lake Highlands, nice and close to White Rock Lake

What is the furthest distance you've ever run? 26.2 miles

What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday morning? Running with my DRC peeps

What is your favorite workout song, or song that gets you up and moving? don't really listen to music while working out. perfer to play getting to know you games with those that I am running with.

What is the first thing you think of when you think of Texas? bluebonnets

What is the bravest thing you've ever done? Run a full marathon

What is your favorite candy? CHOCOLATE!!!!!

What is the biggest goal you're currently working toward? trying all of the varieties of dark chocolate at Central Market

Where is your next vacation destination? Vermont

What movie inspires you the most? I am more inspired by my real life friends and their goals and accomplishments.

In which state would you like to see Anna run her next marathon (after Texas)? Marine Corp in Washington

Why did you choose to sponsor Mile 25? Because this is the mile I started to run out of steam in my marathon and I know Anna will have no problem.

Why did you want to become a marathon mile sponsor to support the Susan Mortensen Turley Foundation? Because Anna is an awesome friend and I want to support her in this great cause.

Note from Anna: Pat is unquestionably one of the most enthusiastic people I know! DRC would not be the same without her. Somehow, admist having a full-time career, being a DRC pace leader, and Team Sprinkles secretary....Pat manages to keep up with most of the many, many new and returning DRC runners better than anyone else I know. Pat is a great example to me that a positive attitude overcomes all obstacles. I'm so glad she sponsored mile 25-- as I know that thinking of Pat's big smile and constant excitement will not only get me through that mile alive, but make me realize the importance of enjoying it as well.

Thank you Pat!

No comments: